Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Oddball Cooler!

I’d like to introduce you to my friend – The “Oddball” Beer cooler at my bar. Sure, it’s a bitch to make sure its all loaded up and pretty. But when it is? It calls to me. (And I’m sure the ladies over at Girls Pint Out MA are gonna love it).

029

I’ve never really been a “craft beer” kind of girl. Give me my Bud Light and I’m happy (hey, at least its not Keystone like in my College days. I shudder to think how many 30 racks of that my friends I put down without any thought at all). But then two summers ago, my friend Katie invited me to go to the American Craft Beer Fest in Boston. That’s when my life changed. I kept looking for the Bud Light booth but clearly there wasn’t one, so I spend my $40 and 3 hours trying the craziest beers of my life (Did you KNOW Sierra Nevada makes a Chocolate Chili Pepper Stout?! Its insane. Not something I could drink a lot of, but tasty in a two ounce shot). I got drunk, and I got hooked on different types of beers.

Right now in Mr.Oddball cooler, the Bar has 45 different beers & Malt Beverages, two different wines, a bunch of redbull and a various tasting of shots. You wanna drink all of them, don’t you?

The full list is as follows:  NewCastle Brown Ale, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Red Stripe, Murphy’s Stout, Woodchuck Spring Cider, Woodchuck Fall Cider, George Killians Irish Red, Guinness Black Lager, Narragansett Lager, Narragansett Light, Narragansett Porter, Sea Dog Porter, Hazed and Infused Dry-Hopped Ale, Wachusett Blueberry, Wachusett Green Monsta, Wells Banana Bread Bread, A BUNCH of Samuel Adams ( Black Lager, Pale Ale, Latitude 48 IPA, Cherry Wheat, Blackberry Whitbier, Irish Red & Coastal Wheat), Hardcore Cider, Buckner’s Non-Alcoholic, Magic Hat #9, Wolavers Organic Oatmeal Stout, Woodbridge Gluten Free< Leinenkugel’s Sunset Wheat AND Fireside Nut Brown, Long Trail Double Bag, Samuel Smiths Oatmeal Stout, Spaten Oktoberfest, More Mikes Hard Lemonade than you can imagine ( Original, Winter Blackberry, Cranberry, Raspberry, Pink Lemonade, Black Cherry & Margartita), Smirnoff Ice (we are a college bar after all. These kids still like to “ice” their friends”), and 3 Twisted Teas ( Peach, Raspberry & Blueberry).

Holy crap. That took a lot it type out.

There’s no question what my favorite beer in the cooler is at this time of year of year is – Well’s Banana Bread Beer. I even wrote a post about it LAST year. My love for this beer hasn’t changed. Its still delicious. Everyone I make drink it is in love with it. On BTDT’s facebook page a few months ago, I even took my love for it a step further and added a ‘Chocolate Salted Caramel Rim’ to it.

309777_283748888307990_280364401979772_1328071_14200188_n

‘Cause Rims on Beer make EVERYTHING better.

(don’t laugh at my photography skills)

If it wasn’t 1:12pm, I would be drinking one right now. But I’m at work. And its 1pm. Crap.

I am going to make it a point to try everything in the cooler – but that’s another project for another day!

So my dear readers, Whats your favorite craft beer? And what should I go out and buy to force my family to try on Thanksgiving?

2 comments:

  1. 2 summers ago in Falmouth (my family goes every year) my cousin Zach and I got that at the BBC. changed my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should head to TBones in Plymouth. They have a craft beer challenge...

    ReplyDelete