Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Things I’m Loving Right Now…

 

Non Booze Related

Pinterest.

pinterest

Have you gotten on the Pinterest Bandwagon yet? If not…you really, really, really should. Not only is it the perfect time waster, but it gives you such great ideas for pretty much everything you could ever imagine.  I mean, just look at that picture up there. Sparkly shoes and d├ęcor ideas (courtesy of Ms.Deveau – SOON TO BE MRS. RATTY!), and Mr. Jesse Williams….because of course I have a board that I call “The Pretty People” and post pictures of celebrities that are, welp, gorgeous. Pinterest is pretty much just like a virtual idea board. Need a new craft? Done. Want something for dinner? Its there. Need something to kick your ass into working out? Yup – they’ve got that too. I’ve already got a few ideas for Christmas presents from this thing! The worst (and quite possibly best) part, they’ve got an app for your ipod/ipad/iphone too. I can’t even tell you how many nights I’ve sat in bed just skimming through people’s pins. Meant to go to bed at 11, end up passing out at 2. Oops. If you need an invite, let me know – cause I for sure want you to get in on it (and follow you. and see what you pin).

Netflix (or more specifically, CW shows on Netflix).

51TCyWBMsjL._SL500_AA300_51vtSfZmMIL._SL500_AA300_51xEEvU8ekL._SL500_AA300_51ZMYR9G47L._SL500_AA300_

Not even sure I can express how happy I was when Netflix got some shows on their instant stream. More specifically, Felicity and One Tree Hill (but yet, I still started rewatching both Gossip Girl and Vampire Diaries). FELICITY?! COME ON. That show was amazing. It premiered when I was in 8th grade, and it had Kerri Russell. I was sold on it. I was Felicity (and lets be serious, kinda still am). The quiet girl in the corner with the curly, frizzy hair. And when she cut off all her hair in that one episode then showed up at the party in that red dress?! And One Tree Hill. The only reason I still watch that show now (why oh why did you not stop after season 8?! The ending was so good and BDavis was FINALLY happy) is because how obsessed I was with it when it first came on tv. Oh good lord, it’s all perfection. Having my bosses netflix password is seriously making my life right now. I miss shows like this.

Social Media.

Lets be serious. This is nothing new. Follow me. Like my page. You know you wanna.

Fake Bachelorette Parties.

Shoutout to #trampsquad for this one! I’ve been to plenty a bachelorette party in my day, but this one might have topped it all just because we were doing it for fun. I mean, we had a fake back story for her “fiancee” and everything – why should bachelorettes get all the fun?!

 

Booze Related.

Smirnoff Fluff Vodka.

A few weeks ago, we got this vodka in our inventory and the first thing that popped into my head was ‘SMORE’S DRINK’. I wish I had a picture of the one I made that night, because it was so perfect. I mixed a little bit of the vodka with chocolate syrup, mixed it all with some milk, put it in a glass rimmed with chocolate syrup and crushed graham crackers – everyone I let trying was RAVING about it. The only thing that would’ve made it better was a nice little toasted marshmallow on the top. But that’s too fancy for this bar, and yet I’m still asking BossMan for a tabletop s’more kit for Christmas.

 

That’s really about it. I have a few posts in mind for the upcoming days….so be on the lookout. I promise I wont die on you guys again!

3 comments: