Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Highly Suspect.

This has nothing to do with booze, absolutely NOTHING (minus the fact that I’ve gotten drunk with these boys on many an evening and always have a fucking blast doing it) but I figured I’d post about them anyways.

A few years ago, my best friend from home, Shlee and I were huge into the “cape cod music scene”. And there wasn’t a lot of bands that were worth listening to in my head, except for two bands – Roots Down Below and Highly Suspect. Every week we would spend  $5 to listen to these bands play the same songs in bars where we would down Bud Light like it was water. But you know what? We absolutely fucking loved it. They were all guys we went to high school with, and anything we could do to support them? We were game. I even had Highly Suspect play at my 25th birthday party at The Bar. Johnny ended up barefoot by the end of the night; anyone who does that at this place is a freaking idiot and brave as fuck all at the same time in my book.

Whenever I make it home, I still make it point to go see Johnny, Rich & Ryan play. There’s something about their music that I love. Not only are their songs catchy  and fun, but they put on a GREAT show. It’s a lot of singalongs (because obviously Shlee knows all the lyrics to every damn song), dancing, taking pictures and just having a good time. If you ever get a chance to see them?  I highly suggest (haha, see what I did there?) you free up your evening and do that. Plus, its fun to oogle their tattoos at the end of the night because 99.9% percent of the time, they end up shirtless by the time the clock hits 12:30am.

317785_10150772106685437_185902445436_20434762_5630263_n

The whole point of this post is to let y’all know that you SHOULD be listening to them. No question about it. You’re gonna be sad when you miss out on the Highly Suspect train and they make it big. And, the best part about it? These boys just made a *new video* for one of their songs (and one of my favorites) “Gang Lion”

doing what they do best.

Awesome right? I knew you’d all dig it. So here’s what you gotta do for me – follow them on twitter, like them on facebook, check out their reverb page, watch all their silly youtube videos….and let your mind be open to new music!

It wont hurt I promise.

4 comments:

  1. Love Johnny, Ryan, Rich. The best! I really recommend people should see them. They have rocked my socks off at every show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Johnny, Ryan, Rich. The best! I really recommend people should see them. They have rocked my socks off at every show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Johnny, Ryan, Rich. The best! I really recommend people should see them. They have rocked my socks off at every show!

    ReplyDelete