Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Out with the Old…

Happy New Year!

A few days late, but that’s kind of how I run everything around here. Right? My New Years was insanely low key, and I wouldn’t have had it any other way. Sure, part of me would’ve loved dressing up in a sparkly dress and new heels and drinking the night away with my best friends in one of the best cities – but the only sparkles I was rocking that night was a headband that I stole from BossMan’s five year old daughter, I only had one beer (and a Bud Light at that. Don’t judge. Its my go to beer), and I was more content sending out the few mass texts that I did as soon as the clock struck midnight.

Sidenote, can we talk about why the hell the ABC Execs still feel the need to pull out Dick Clark for that night? I seriously can’t watch him countdown anymore. It just makes me sad. Stop spray tanning the man (he was more orange than Seacrest for Christ sakes!) and let him live his life in peace.

Okay – so back to New Years. And this blog. I have a few little resolutions that I have for my writing here, and if I don’t do them, I give you full permission to kick my ass.

(Seriously. Most of the people reading this know where I live/work…so if you see me slacking, just come up to me, hit me in the arm and yell “BEEN THERE DRUNK THAT”. I will get to work on a post about you or something you tell me immediately. Even if I have to write it on my Blackberry and email it to myself.)

1. Be more serious about a ‘posting schedule’. I know, its kinda like Christmas, your Birthday and St. Patricks day all at once when I update the Facebook or something pops in your Google Reader from me. I like to keep you all on your toes, that’s for sure. But I’m funny. And you guys apparently like to read what I write, so there will be more things up here weekly.

2. Get more readers. Hey, do me a favor will ya? If you like what you read, can you pimp me out a bit? Share the page on FB, Retweet me, write a little blurb about me if you want. If you do, I’ll buy you a beer. A good beer.

3. Be invited to more events (and actually document/write about them). This is an easy one. I just need to make sure Marc is on my speed dial.

4. Be more involved in the “blog community”. Did you people even know these things existed? ITS INSANE. Its like a cult I think, and its kind of awesome. I went to my first one with the Women of MA Girls Pint Out, and it was just insanely fun. I need to go to more. And I need to make blog business cards. Because I’m a geek and I love Vistaprints deals. Is it weird that I’m even quite possibly talking myself into going to the Beer Bloggers conference in Indianapolis this summer? Maybe BossMan will let me have a fundraiser. The “Send Krystle to Indianapolis So She Can Learn More About Beer Blogging Because She’s a Huge Lush” Party. There could be a theme – it would be “getting drunk”.

That’s pretty much it. I don’t want to get too ahead of myself here. Maybe I’ll even ask my friend Zach if he can, you know, use his web mastery to make this blog look better than it ever did and make me a logo and be my general web designer.

*cough cough*

The FB page will be going through a major change too, so be up for that.

Again, Happy New Years Y’all. Hope your 2012 is better than 2011 ever could be.

(I mean, it is our last year on earth right? Fucking Mayans).

1 comment:

  1. I've been toying with the idea of a conference. BlogHer is in NYC in August. Lets fund raise together? :)

    ReplyDelete